The APS Journal
What is the APS Journal?
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery provides a forum for original articles advancing the art of aesthetic plastic surgery.
What sort of articles?
Many describe surgical craftsmanship ; others deal with complications in surgical procedures and methods by which to treat or avoid them.
What does the APS Journal cover?
Coverage includes “second thoughts” on established techniques, which might be abandoned, modified, or improved. Also included are case histories ; improvements in surgical instruments, pharmaceuticals, and operating room equipment ; and discussions of problems such as the role of psychosocial factors in the doctor-patient and the patient-public interrelationships.
Where is APS covered?
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is abstracted and covered in Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, SciSearch, Research Alert, Index Medicus-MEDLINE, and Excerpta Medica/EMBASE, Science Citation Index Expanded.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is ranked #8 in the Google Scholar H-5 Index of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, with a 2019 H-5 Index of 26.
- Impact factor: 2.708 (2021)
- Five-year impact factor: 2.709 (2021)
- Submission to first decision: 12 days
- Downloads: 538,769 (2021)
Get access to the journal
You do not currently have access to the journal. Only logged in ISAPS members have access to the journal. Login with a member account or Join below!
Dr. Bahman Guyuron – a world renowned author and academician who needs no introduction – is the Editor-in-Chief of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Please submit your manuscripts to Dr. Guyuron and follow the many innovations he has instituted.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal Announcement
After eight years of leading ISAPS’ Official Journal, our esteemed Editor-in-Chief, Bahman Guyuron, has decided to step down from his post later this year.
A committee has been appointed by the Board to search for a new Editor-in-Chief, and as part of the process, we are calling for expressions of interest to take over this leadership role and to continue the Journal’s longstanding success.
Dr. Bahman Guyuron
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Job Title Professor Emeritus
- Clinic/Hospital/Office Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Work Fax 1-440-461-4713
- Work phone 1-440-646-1279
- Website drbahmanguyuron.com
- Location 29017 Cedar Road, Lyndhurst, United States, 44124
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- INIS Atomindex
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Academic OneFile
- Mosby yearbooks
- Current Abstracts
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Expanded Academic
- Summon by Serial Solutions
- Google Scholar
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Index Copernicus