Visiting Professor Program
Background and Purpose
Contributions to the ISAPS Education Council Endowment Fund and profits resulting from our courses and the biennial Congresses have allowed us to re-establish the ISAPS Visiting Professor Program (VPP) which brings the best educators in aesthetic surgery to remote regions around the world that may otherwise never be exposed to modern surgical and non-surgical aesthetic surgery training.
- The primary intention of this program is to provide intensive, hands-on training for residents and fellows.
- A secondary advantage is for faculty to present lectures to larger audiences while they are visiting. The VPP is not intended to provide funding for conference speakers.
The VPP Program Chair will work through the National Secretary with national societies of plastic surgery, universities and other plastic surgery teaching facilities to foster this program. ISAPS will send the top names in aesthetic surgery, and the host country’s national society and major teaching university will take advantage of this volunteer education program.
To schedule a Visiting Professor, contact the program’s Chairman, Dr. Renato Saltz at:
ISAPS Visiting Professor Program Guidelines
This program was designed to bring Aesthetic Surgery Education to your country by the best educators in the world. ~ Renato Saltz, MD – Program Chair
- No Professor will be asked to provide more than one VPP per calendar year. Exceptions may be entertained by the Program Chair.
- No program can request more than one VPP per calendar year. Exceptions may be entertained by the Program Chair.
- The national society and the ISAPS National Secretary will be responsible for hosting the visit. Thus, the “connection” between ISAPS and the host country must be the National Secretary.
- To request a VPP, the NS must contact the Program Chair for scheduling no later than three months before the requested visit dates. A full program outline that includes time with residents and fellows, including live surgery, and related lectures must be submitted with the application.
- National Secretaries will work with the host country’s national society or training institution and will be responsible for managing local arrangements, media exposure, hotel accommodations, meals and local transportation, teaching facilities, temporary license for the Visiting Professor from the local authorities if required by local laws, and daily scheduling of the ISAPS Professor’s visit. Financing of the expenses in this section are the responsibility of the local organizers.
- The visit will be featured in a subsequent ISAPS News article written by the Visiting Professor, with optional input by the host National Secretary, so that the ISAPS Visiting Professor Program becomes a major feature of ISAPS education activities.
- ISAPS is not obliged to promote the VPP through any of its publications or website.
- Each Visiting Professor will receive $5,000 to cover travel expenses from the Education Foundation for each trip. Payments are made directly to the Visiting Professor on receipt of his or her travel expense form.
- The National Secretary will be responsible for promoting/marketing/overseeing the Visiting Professor trip in the host country.
ISAPS VISITING PROFESSORS — 2018–2020
- Nazim Cerkes – Turkey
- Enrico Robotti – Italy
- Gianluca Campiglio – Italy
- Philip Chen – Taiwan
- Vakis Kontoes – Greece
- Apostolos Mandrekas – Greece
- Bryan Mendelson – Australia
- Foad Nahai – US
- Mario Pelle-Ceravolo – Italy
- Lee Pu – US
- Dirk Richter – Germany
- Lorne Rosenfield – US
- Renato Saltz – US
Breast & Body Contouring
- Al Aly – UAE
- Thomas Biggs – US
- Stefano Bruschi – Italy
- Joao Erfon Ramos – Brazil
- Ruth Graf – Brazil
- Moustapha Hamdi – Belgium
- Joseph Hunstad – US
- Constantino Mendieta – US
- Joao Sampaio Goes – Brazil
- Arturo Ramirez-Montanana – Mexico
- Cemal Senuya – Turkey
- Ozan Sozer – US
- Susumu Takayanagi – Japan
- Lina Triana – Colombia
- Barry DiBernado – US
- J. Peter Rubin – US
- Woffles Wu – Singapore