Contributions to the ISAPS Education Council Endowment Fund and profits resulting from our courses and the annual World Congresses allow us to offer the ISAPS Visiting Professor Program (VPP).The primary purpose of the program is to bring the best educators in aesthetic surgery to regions around the world that may otherwise never be exposed to modern surgical and non-surgical aesthetic surgery training with the following objectives:
- To provide intensive, hands-on training for residents and fellows.
- To maximize impact through presentation of teaching lectures to larger audiences *.
*[The VPP stipend is not intended to provide funding for a conference speaker, or lectures within any other pre-existing local activity].
The person requesting a VPP will work with the host country National Secretary, university and/or other plastic surgery teaching facilities to provide this program. ISAPS will send the top names in aesthetic surgery, and the host country's major teaching university will take advantage of this volunteer education program.
ISAPS Visiting Professor Program Guidelines
1. No Professor will be asked to commit to more than one VPP per calendar year. Exceptions may be entertained by the VPP Program Coordinator.
2. No program can request more than one VPP per calendar year. Exceptions may be entertained by the VPP Program Coordinator.
3. The local host will be responsible for organizing the visit.
4. All requests for VPPs must be submitted to the VPP Program Coordinator and Executive Director for approval, using the submission form provided.
5. To request a VPP, the local host must contact ISAPS for scheduling no later than three months before the requested visit dates.
6. A full program outline for the VPP visit, including learning objectives, must be provided. The program should include the number of residents and fellows who will have access the program, time with residents and fellows, including live surgery, where permitted, and the program of related lectures must be submitted with the application.
7. The local host will be responsible for managing local arrangements, media exposure, hotel accommodations, meals and local transportation, teaching facilities, temporary license for the Visiting Professor from the local authorities if required by local laws, and daily scheduling of the Visiting Professor’s visit. Financing of the expenses in this section are the responsibility of the local organizers.
8. The VPP program will include evaluations of participants, and a full report on the visit outcomes will be provided by the host. The visit will be featured in a subsequent ISAPS News article written by the Visiting Professor, with optional input by the host, to encourage others to provide a Visiting Professor Program, a major feature of ISAPS education activities.
9. ISAPS is not obliged to promote the VPP through any of its publications, social media or website.
10. Each Visiting Professor will receive an honorarium of up to $5,000, which is intended to support travel expenses, from the Education Foundation for each trip. Payments are made directly by wire transfer to the Visiting Professor on receipt of his or her travel expense form upon conclusion of the VPP visit.
11. The local host will be responsible for promoting/marketing/overseeing the Visiting Professor trip in the host country and for maximizing the participation of eligible residents.
ISAPS Visiting Professors (2023–2024)
- Nazim Cerkes – Turkey
- Enrico Robotti – Italy
- Bahman Guyuron – US
- Olivier Gerbault – France
- Man-Koon Suh – South Korea
- Giovanni Botti – Italy
- Francisco Bravo – Spain
- Gianluca Campiglio – Italy
- Steve Cohen – US
- Vakis Kontoes – Greece
- Foad Nahai – US
- Mario Pelle-Ceravolo – Italy
- Jerry O’Daniel – US
- Lee Pu – US
- Dirk Richter – Germany
- Renato Saltz – US
- Ozan Sozer – US
- Alex Verpaele – Belgium
- Al Aly – UAE
- Ruth Graf – Brazil
- Raul Gonzalez – Brazil
- James Grotting – US
- Moustapha Hamdi – Belgium
- Joseph Hunstad – US
- Frank Lista – Canada
- Apostolos Mandrekas – Greece
- Tim Papadopoulos – Australia
- Arturo Ramírez-Montañana – Mexico
- Carlos Roxo – Brazil
- Ozan Sozer – US
- Lina Triana – Colombia
- Akin Yucel – Turkey
- Barry DiBernardo – US
- Woffles Wu – Singapore
- Reha Yavuzer – Turkey