What is an ISAPS Symposium?
A full-day or half-day Symposium is a short didactic program with ISAPS speakers. It can be part of a national meeting and has the option of being organized on a separate day before or after the meeting or within the national meeting.
Please note, endorsement is not approval to provide attendees with Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit.
You must apply for accreditation to the appropriate organization in your country.
This application can only be accepted for programs that meet the following criteria:
The program is intended for an audience of plastic surgery core specialists only.
ISAPS National Secretary in the country where the program is to be held must approve in writing.
Applications must be completed by a current, active member of ISAPS.
Complete applications must be submitted below and will be forwarded to the Education Council for approval. Please allow at least one month for the approval process and plan your publicity efforts accordingly. It is not permitted to indicate that endorsement has been requested.
Organisers are required to include 1-2 presentation(s) from 1-2 ISAPS Board member(s) on the program, or present on any topic in aesthetic surgery.
Organisers will also include a short introduction/presentation (slides will be provided) to promote ISAPS’ mission. Applications will not be forwarded to the Chair of the Education Council for review without an ISAPS presentation included in the program.
Organisers are required to offer ISAPS a free booth (onsite or virtually) during the event. The booth will be staffed by ISAPS staff.
Please review these carefully...
If ISAPS endorses your educational program...
ISAPS will provide for your organization:
Enclose all the following items with your completed application:
- Email of request from the President of the Sponsoring National Plastic Surgery Society
- An email confirming the approval of an ISAPS National Secretary
- Proposed program including faculty and at least one ISAPS presentation.
- A statement specifying which sessions are restricted to one or more specialities and indicate how entry will be controlled for restricted sessions.
- List of Organizing Committee including at least one member of ISAPS
- Copy of publicity brochure that includes attendance restriction statement- a draft is acceptable
- List of all planned uses of ISAPS logo, for example, brochure, website, meeting-related letterhead, postcards, meeting materials, and certificates of attendance.
- Symposium application fee - $4000. We will refund $3800 if the application is declined. $200 will be retained by ISAPS for administrative costs.