A joint collaboration between ISAPS and the LEAP Foundation, Surgical Relief Teams © (SRT) is an initiative established to Train, Equip, Connect and Deploy highly skilled plastic and reconstructive surgeons for short-term disaster relief medical missions. As a global platform for surgical care, SRT places teams on the ground within the first week of a mass casualty incident.
From October 2013 through January 2017, this program has deployed the following relief teams:
- Missions to Amman, Jordan to help local surgeons treat injured Syrian refugees:
- 18 trips, 263 surgeries, 450 patient evaluations.
- Total International Disaster Relief Missions to Jordan, Turkey, and Lebanon:
- 25 trips, 438 surgeries, 907 patient evaluations
To help explain this program, we invite you to watch the video that was produced by our partners at Relief International.
If you are interested in more information about volunteering, about our pre-deployment training programs, or about donating funds or supplies to this effort, contact Debbie Wisdom at the email or phone number below.
Can you help with a donation to our restricted fund?
- Click here to connect to our secure, on-line payment site.