This is ‘your program’ featuring:
- 54 Keynote faculty members: selected by our delegates as the “best rated” speakers across ISAPS events over the last two years;
- an additional 315 speakers, selected through competitive peer review to take part in our ‘Olympiad’ sessions across six key topic themes: Face, Breast, Body, Rhinoplasty, other/innovative surgical techniques, and non-surgical (including minimally invasive, injectables, regenerative medicine, practice management, and patient safety), and
- 21 additional ‘Guest speakers’ giving special lectures, masterclasses, or clinical updates within the same themed sessions.
- A competitive element: with scientific presentation awards in all subject categories (presented with our special award lectures during the Olympiad Awards Ceremony on Saturday, September 2 at 16:15) - all peer-reviewed presentations are eligible.
More than 450 talks were presented by speakers from 62 different countries, in several new presentation formats:
- following each conventional oral session, our new rapid-fire sessions provide short update lectures for a panel discussion
- poster discussion sessions throughout the Olympiad in our open stage in the exhibit hall
- our first ‘Future of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’ session presenting the best papers by early-career surgeons
- special award lectures for APS Journal best papers
- ISAPS new leadership program (L.I.F.T.)
The program also offers integrated keynote faculty Masterclasses; our ISAPS Women's Symposium; industry workshops; and a full day of pre-congress activities including our Video Live Surgeries course and Residents’ Symposium.
During our Olympiad Awards session on Saturday, September 2 from 16:15 in the Alexandra Trianti Hall, we recognized and celebrated the contributions of individual presenters*, and journal authors, to the scientific development of our field.
*All presenters should be present to receive their awards.
This year, the Ohmori lecture has been awarded to Dr. Bahman Guyuron who talked about "The Perpetual Learning" at our Opening Ceremony on Thursday, August 31 at 17:45.
ISAPS Olympiad Athens World Congress 2023 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 26 European CME credits (ECMEC®s).