World Congress Postponed
- Posted on: Mar 23 2020
The unfolding coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis has significantly affected the meetings industry. As destinations work to contain the spread of the virus, many countries, states and cities have banned large events. It is therefore, with regret that we need to inform you that ISAPS Board of Directors (BOD) has made the difficult but appropriate decision to postpone the ISAPS Congress which was to be held in Vienna from 2-5 September 2020
to 9-12 September 2021 – also in Vienna
We know that this change may cause great inconvenience for you and we are sincerely sorry, but we hope that you understand our wish to avoid further uncertainty for you by delaying the decision.
Even though the situation may have normalized by September this year, hopefully in many regions, others may still be affected. As an international society, we need our World Congress to be open to our members wherever they are located, but at this point it is not possible to predict whether we will still have travel bans and whether borders will be closed somewhere in the world. Your Safety is our Priority!
We also considered the economic situation of our members which will be severely disrupted, so that very few of us will have time or money, or will be in the mood to travel and leave our practice in September for our Congress.
We very much hope that you will still join us in 2021. In order to minimize inconvenience and in anticipation of your questions we have agreed the following special provisions to assist you:
- For those colleagues who have already registered for the Vienna Congress this year, your registration has been automatically maintained for the new date next year.
- As an extension of our gratitude and goodwill, you will be given a complimentary VIP Lounge pass for the Congress in 2021.
- For your travel arrangements, we recommend that you contact your travel agency and hotel as soon as possible to modify your bookings. It is your responsibility to cancel your reservations
- If you are unable to attend on our new dates, please request a refund by responding to this email and we will gladly process your request without any penalties.
- The complimentary access to the World Congress for FIRST members will be extended to 2021 automatically.
Should you have any questions, please see our list of frequently asked questions regarding our event postponement.
Please also feel free to contact our Executive office at email@example.com if you have any other questions. Or staff is all working from home, but will respond to emails. We do not recommend calling the office by telephone at this time.
We would like to thank you all for your cooperation and understanding during these trying times. Despite this difficult situation, we appreciate your support and are working hard to ensure the postponed edition of the 25th ISAPS Congress is a success.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Vienna from 9 to 12 September, 2021.
SAVE THE NEW DATE!
Posted in: Uncategorized