Why Choose an ISAPS Surgeon
While many types of doctors can perform cosmetic surgery, you entrust your appearance and your life to the doctor you choose. Every cosmetic surgery procedure involves risks and potential complications. If you have decided to undergo cosmetic surgery abroad, you should be confident that the surgeon you choose is properly trained and qualified to perform your procedure. The most intelligent choice is a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
Aesthetic plastic surgery requires a highly trained and qualified plastic surgeon. Find an ISAPS member.
As the world's leading professional organization for board certified aesthetic plastic surgeons, ISAPS is dedicated to promoting excellence in the field of aesthetic plastic surgery. When you choose an ISAPS member surgeon, you can be confident that your surgeon:
- Is qualified and experienced
- Has a record of safety
- Has demonstrated a commitment to ethical practice
- Is trained in the safest, most up-to-date techniques and treatments
Rigorous Membership Requirements
Because regulations, training and certification processes vary among countries, ISAPS developed a standardized screening process to ensure members are trained, experienced and qualified. To become an ISAPS member, a surgeon must be:
- A board certified plastic surgeon (or the equivalent)
- A member in good standing of the national plastic surgery organization of the country in which they currently reside
- Sponsored in writing by two active or life ISAPS members
- Actively practicing plastic surgery for at least three years after all training
The field of aesthetic plastic surgery is rapidly advancing, especially when it comes to patient comfort, safety and satisfaction. The best surgeons keep their skills current. ISAPS members have access to the most advanced techniques in aesthetic plastic surgery. The Society offers instructional courses, symposia and educational programs taught by some of the most highly respected instructors in the world. Members freely exchange information and may receive invitations to visit the surgical suites of international "master surgeons."
It's important to trust the surgeon you choose to perform your cosmetic plastic surgery, and ISAPS members have integrity. Each applicant surgeon vows to behave in the highest professional manner and comply with the ISAPS code of ethics, which includes:
- Striving to improve medical skills and sharing the benefits of professional knowledge with patients and colleagues
- Practicing scientifically based methods of healing and not associating professionally with anyone who does not uphold this principle
- Protecting the public and the profession against physicians who are incompetent or have questionable moral character
- Honoring the ideals of the medical profession and participating in activities that improve the health and wellbeing of the individual patient